RSS 2018-03 - 1/1 Blog

2018-03 - 1/1

Long names on Windows


One of my unit test was failing due to a weird error in sphinx-gallery. The module could not write a file on Windows because its name was longer than 260 which still seems to be a limit of the system.


pip 9.0.2 and issue with pip._vendor.urllib3.contrib


pip was recently updated and the new version produces a weird error:


Replace pdflatex by xelatex


pdflatex does not natively support utf-8 (no fixed size characters) but xelatex does (see Swapping from pdfLaTeX to XeLaTex). I tried a couple of past in the past with no success and I finally remove all accents from pdf coming from notebooks. It seems to work now.


RSS 2018-03 - 1/1 2018-05 (1) 2018-08 (1) 2019-03 (2) 2019-07 (1) 2019-11 (1)